This expert guide has been created specifically for those of you having computer video problems.
Your here on this page for a reason, so take the time to follow each of the troubleshooting steps, and hopefully by the end you will have fix your graphics card problems as well as learned something in the process.
Fix 1 – Update Your Video Drivers
- Blue screen while watching a video or playing a game
- Video or game crashes while playing
Overview: You basically have two options. First, make sure your video card driver is updated to the latest driver provided by your computer manufacturer (Dell, HP, Acer, etc). If it is and you are still having problems, then you should download and install the latest driver direct from the video card manufacturer’s website.
Step 1 – Find the make and model of your video card
- Go to Start > Search
- Type dev and you will see Device Manager pop up in the list
- Click Device Manager to open it
- Expand Display adapters from the list
- Right-click on the video card listed and select properties
- Go to the Drivers tab
- You will see the make of the video card as well as the Driver Date and Driver Version
- Take note of each
You will use the information you have gotten from the steps above to the steps to follow
Step 2 – Check your driver version against the latest provided by your Computer manufacturer
- Here are links to driver support pages for most major computer manufacturer’s
- Once you go to the support page for your computer, then you will most likely need to enter in a model or serial number in order to view drivers for your specific computer.
- Use the information from Step 1 to verify whether your current video driver is up to date or not
- If it isn’t, then download and install the most current
- If it is, then proceed to Step 3
If you did download and install a more up to date version of your driver, then at this point you want to test your computer to see if the problem is corrected. If you find that it isn’t, then move on to Step 3.
Step 3 – Download latest driver from video card manufacturer
- You should no the make and model of your video card from the information we gathered in Step 1
- Here is a list of links for major video card manufacturer websites
- Locate the latest driver for your video card then download and install it.
Again, make sure to test your computer. If there are still issues happening, then move on to Fix 2
Pages: 1 2